Junior System Administrator
Evocative is looking for professionals to join our team!
Evocative owns and operates secure, compliant, highly available data centers. We are the trusted guardians of our clients Internet Infrastructure.
If you enjoy a growing, fast paced, technical atmosphere where your input is valued, considered and implemented, and if you enjoy learning, being challenged and having fun at the same time, then we are the company for you.
Position Location and Reporting:
– This position is based in San Jose or Emeryville, California and will report to the VP of Technical.
– This position can work remotely for some periods of time.
– Deliver exceptional Support and strive for 100% uptime
– Thorough knowledge of Linux and or Windows operating system
– Familiarity with Active Directory, Admin.net, SharePoint, IT Ticketing systems
– Understanding of basic system administration tools and procedures. For example, ability to use backup programs, verify disk integrity, and maintain system files (groups, hosts, aliases)
– Help maintain proper operation of data center hardware including networking devices, physical servers, virtual machine hardware and storage devices
– Perform system monitoring verifying the integrity and availability of all server hardware and software, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backup.
– Work with outside vendors when appropriate to resolve hardware, software and network issues
– Effectively works as a teammate and communicates following the escalation process
– Provide 24/7/365 operational support of Helix systems as well as be part of an on-call rotation
– Keeps current with industry standard practices and procedures
– Assist with any other Infrastructure duties and tasks that may be required
– Act as an evangelist of Evocative to customers through ticket interaction, presentations, and tours
– Work in close collaboration with the facility managers to ensure harmonious delivery of service and maximum system and service level uptimes
– Ensure that all work performed within the space is done to highest quality and without impact to customers
– Ticket escalation for existing team and potential customer impacting issues
Required skills & experience & opportunities
– High School diploma or equivalent required; University or College degree plus
– Min 1-year experience working in a data center environment or equivalent IT background required
– Min 1-year experience in a customer service oriented position required
– Must be able to work a flexible schedule, 24x7x365 coverage, including holidays and weekends
– Must be able to prioritize work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
– Must possess excellent written and verbal skills, exhibit professional etiquette
Evocative offers competitive salaries, health, dental and vision insurance coverage. We also offer Incentive Stock Options plus many other perks. Compensation packages will depend on relevant experience.
Send your resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Line: System Administrator
Absolutely No Phone Calls, we will contact you via email first and schedule a phone interview.
one Calls, we will contact you via email first and schedule a phone interview.