Junior Data Center Technicial Level 1 Support Job
Evocative is looking for professionals to join our team!
Evocative owns and operates secure, compliant, highly available data centers. We are the trusted guardians of our clients Internet Infrastructure.
If you enjoy a growing, fast paced, technical atmosphere where your input is valued, considered and implemented, and if you enjoy learning, being challenged and having fun at the same time, then we are the company for you.
Position Location and Reporting:
– This position is based in San Jose and Emeryville, California and will report to the Director of Operations.
– Customer comes first mentality
– Rack, cable and inventory network and server equipment
– Understand, learn and apply diagnostic methods to troubleshoot datacenter equipment
– Troubleshoot and repair server and network hardware at the physical layer Repair servers (replace hard drives; replace bad sticks of – RAM, Mother boards, etc.)
– Physically assist in moving and racking equipment as directed for special projects
– Processing RMAs to replace server or racked equipment components
– Perform equipment installs and moves (servers, network appliances, etc.)
– Maintain asset inventory in an automated computer system
– Un-rack and decommission equipment as necessary
– Work with other groups to identify areas to enhance uptime and reduce time to resolve problems
– Ability to work on single call ticket resolutions
– Other tasks as required by management
– Ensure that all work performed within the space is done to highest quality and without impact to customers
Required skills & experience & opportunities
The Data Center Technician Level I is an entry level in the Data Center. Incumbents are closely monitored and supervised while undergoing training on all aspects of Production processes, basic trouble shooting processes, RMA processes, and MCAP processes.
– High School Diploma required
– Familiar with data center best practices
– Basic understanding of server (Linux and Windows) configuration and network concepts
– Capable of lifting 40 to 50 lbs. equipment and working in restricted spaces
– Able to work in a climate controlled environment for long periods of time
– Knowledge of trouble ticketing systems
– Able to work in a continuous improvement environment
– Excellent technical skills, detail oriented and ability to pay attention to details
Evocative offers competitive salaries, health, dental and vision insurance coverage. We also offer Incentive Stock Options plus many other perks. Compensation packages will depend on relevant experience.
Send your resume to:
moc.evitacovenull@sboj with Subject Line: Data Center Technician
Absolutely No Phone Calls, we will contact you via email first and schedule a phone interview